Last Updated On: July 2021
The team at Tusanang Training Academy Pty Ltd is committed to using information only when permission has been provided to do so, and for a stated purpose.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase, attempt to make a purchase or login to our e-learning platform through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or company billing information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Why data is gathered
Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
· We gather data from learners that is stored with identifiers;
· The QCTO stores data related to our company that can be identified as relevant to our organisation in order to monitor levels of quality;
· The QCTO uses learner data and information to process certificates for learners who have been successfully assessed on learning programmes at our institution.
Sector Education Training Authorities (SETAs)
· The SETAs store data related to our company that can be identified as relevant to our organisation in order to monitor levels of quality, in relation to our accreditation status as a training institution;
· The SETAs use learner data and information to process certificates for learners who have been successfully assessed on learning programmes, and to give us permission to process Statements of Results (SoRs) for learners.
· SETAs process information provided by learners on Learnership Agreements.
· We have a “contact us” form on our website that can be used to reach out to us.
Suppliers and vendors
· We communicate with and do business with a variety of companies that supply us with goods to ensure the smooth running of our business operations.
· A mechanism to manage Cookies is available on our website together with a Privacy Notice.
· These companies store information that we give them, with such information necessary to transact business, with a common purpose in mind.
Enrolment in a learning programme
(face-to-face and e-learning)
· Information is gathered from employers about learners in order to process learner assessment results for the purpose of certification.
· Statutory bodies require learner full names, identification number, home and postal addresses, contact details, date of birth, bank account details, race, disability status, gender, previous academic records and employment information.
· Learner information is used to record assessment results against learner qualifications on the National Learner Records Database (NLRD).
Department of Basic Information
· Uses information that we provide of learners who write exams at any registered exam centre affiliated with our organisation.
THE PURPOSE OF DATA COLLECTION
We collect data from data subjects in accordance with the nature of our business, which is skills development in the context of Further Education and Training (FET), within the scope of our accreditation with various bodies under the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and in the course of operating our business.
Our organisation acts under the auspices of national and sectoral regulations and policies, and we are beholden to a number of statutory bodies that monitor our quality input and output in relation to the core purpose of our business, with monitoring processes that include our compliance with laws that govern us as an institution of learning.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders or enquiries placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers/clients/consultants browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We will always ask permission to before we gather data and before we process information.
Permission may be gathered via a “consent form”, or a similar notice on the website, or a usage notice in a virtual environment if a training session is being recorded.
The purpose for which we gather the data will always be made known to Data Subjects at the time of obtaining consent.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
– To the divisions and entities in Tusanang Training Academy, including directors, employees, agents, auditors, subsidiaries legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information;
– To financial and government organisations who may request information from Tusanang Training Academy, in which case the data subject will be notified in advance; the provision of such information, including banks, governmental, judicial, regulatory ad law enforcement bodies including the South African Revenue services and the National Credit Regulator;
– To persons employed by Tusanang Training Academy to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to Tusanang Training Academy regarding the treatment of personal information;
– To any person to whom Tusanang Training Academy cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to products and/or services provided to the person or contracts concluded with the person;
– To any person who acts as legal guardian, executor of an estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
– To any person or persons who may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to, including persons or entities who may request such information to evaluate the credit worthiness of the person.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you or to which you subscribed to.
You can opt out of targeted advertising or direct email marketing by unsubscribing here:
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
As a data subject you have the right to access personal information, we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
A data subject (employee, consultant, supplier, learner and/or client) has the following rights to his/her personal information collected, processed, and stored by Tusanang Training Academy:
Be notified that information is being collected AND
Be notified if information has been accessed by an unauthorised person.
Establish whether a responsible party holds personal information and request access to the information that is held.
Request the destruction, correction of deletion of information about a data subject’s own information.
Object on reasonable grounds to the processing of a data subject’s own information.
Object to the processing of a data subject’s own information for the purpose of direct marketing.
Not have personal information processed for the purpose of direct and / or unsolicited marketing without a means to stop the marketing.
Not to be subject under certain circumstances to decisions based solely on the basis of automated processing of personal information.
Submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding alleged interference with the protection of personal information.
To institute civil proceedings regarding the alleged interference with the protection of personal information.
All personal information collected by Tusanang Training Academy will be stored as follows:
- In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality.
- For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is.
- Required by law or contractual obligation.
- Otherwise reasonably required by Tusanang Training Academy for lawful purposes related to its functions.
- and activities.
- Retained further with the person’s consent.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
If, however, information of data subject under the age of 18 is collected and processed, Tusanang Training Academy will provide the data subject with a consent form, parental guardians need to be either present, aware and sign consent.
No underage information will be shared and kept confidential under the protection of the law.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
1023 Pretorius Street, Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa, 0002