DISCLAIMER – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION – POPI ACT
Tusanang Training Academy Pty Ltd would like to welcome you to its website.
By viewing this website, you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer.
Tusanang Training Academy shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
The PAIA and POPI Acts are available online at www.gov.za/documents/acts.
The Collection of Personal Information
- To render client related services and administration of clients’ accounts;
- To conduct criminal, credit, reference, and other related reference checks
- To authenticate the client;
- To provide the clients with information which Tusanang Training Academy believes may be of interest to the clients, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of public interest in which Tusanang Training Academy is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
- A part of Tusanang Training Academy’s service offering allows the entity to contact the client’s procurement database to assist in a lawful compliancy manner. The client needs to inform this data subject as well as sign an Tusanang Training Academy consent notice via website or written email.
Supplier and Third-Party Contractor/Service Provider Information/ Consultant
- To secure the products and services of the supplier/service provider or contractor as part of Tusanang Training Academy’s product and service offering;
- To manage the Tusanang Training Academy operations, logistics and relationship with the supplier and/or contractor for any purposes required by law by virtue of the relationship between the supplier and Tusanang Training Academy
- To render services relating to the administration of supplier supplier/service provider or contractor accounts;
- To provide the supplier/service provider or contractor with information which Tusanang Training Academy believes may be of interest, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which Tusanang Training Academy is involved or has decided to lend its support to.
- The Third party provides consent to Tusanang Training Academy to communicate to its clients on their behalf to assist in a service offering provided by Tusanang Training Academy for the third party or consultant.
- Information is gathered from employers about learners in order to process learner assessment results for the purpose of certification.
- Statutory bodies require learner full names, identification number, home and postal addresses, contact details, date of birth, bank account details, race, disability status, gender, previous academic records and employment information.
- Learner information is used to record assessment results against learner qualifications on the National Learner Records Database (NLRD).
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from the following sources:
- Directly from the person when he/she applies for any Tusanang Training Academy related employment, provide services to Tusanang Training Academy, submit forms requests or transactions, use our websites, participate in any online and face-to-face learning, or make use of any of the Tusanang Training Academy services;
- From public registers, credit bureaus and law enforcement agencies and any other organisation from which Tusanang Training Academy may acquire your information;
- From people and entities employed by Tusanang Training Academy to provide services to Tusanang Training Academy which may be legally entitled to provide Tusanang Training Academy with personal information.
The Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected by Tusanang Training Academy will be stored as follows:
- In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality;
- For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is
- Required by law or contractual obligation;
- Otherwise reasonably required by Tusanang Training Academy for lawful purposes related to its functions
- Retained further with the person’s consent
After which the information will be de-identified and disposed of as per the Tusanang Training Academy Control of Records policy.
Tusanang Training Academy has an information process and risk management in place, which are monitored, maintained, and upkept with anti-virus, access control systems, firewalls, trained staff and all systems and computers are password protected.
Sharing of Personal Information
- To the divisions and entities in Tusanang Training Academy, including directors, employees, agents, auditors, subsidiaries legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information;
- To financial and government organisations who may request information from Tusanang Training Academy, in which case the data subject will be notified in advance; the provision of such information, including banks, governmental, judicial, regulatory ad law enforcement bodies including the South African Revenue services and the National Credit Regulator;
- To persons employed by Tusanang Training Academy to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to Tusanang Training Academy regarding the treatment of personal information;
- To any person to whom Tusanang Training Academy cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to products and/or services provided to the person or contracts concluded with the person;
- To any person who acts as legal guardian, executor of an estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
- To any person or persons who may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to, including persons or entities who may request such information to evaluate the credit worthiness of the person.
General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
Tusanang Training Academy accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting there from.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you request products or services through the Tusanang Training Academy Website you hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions.